Now is a great time to sell real estate in Georgia. Low inventory levels are creating a seller’s market, but that doesn’t mean you can just put your home on the market as-is and make a quick sale. In order to get the most value for your Marietta, Roswell, or Kennesaw real estate, it’s wise to do some strategic home improvement projects.
The key word is strategic, because home improvement projects vary greatly in their ROI, or return on investment. In order to make selling your home worthwhile, you need to focus on the remodeling that will provide you the best return on investment.
Factors That Influence Remodeling ROI
Home Realtors anywhere can tell you that remodeling ROI can be influenced by a number of factors, including:
- local real estate values in the neighborhood and the city at large
- the current market value of the home and the amount of equity in the home
- how in-demand the upgrades are to your target buyers
- the quality of the remodeling project
- how quickly the home is sold after making improvements
Let’s take a look at the home improvement projects that home Realtors say have the best return on investment.
High ROI Remodeling Projects
These features can help sell your home, but only if the house is otherwise in great condition. For instance, don’t worry about the kitchen remodel until you fix the leaky roof and ramshackle deck.
- Attic bedrooms– Add usable square footage. Though expensive, they are much sought after by home buyers.
- Kitchen remodels– Having an attractive, updated kitchen is a must, just don’t go overboard and price your home out of the neighborhood.
- Master bath– A well-designed master bath can result in a 62% return, but only if it contains features like double sinks and custom, spa-inspired showers.